This statement outlines our commitment to you with regards to what information we collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share the information, and how you can contact us with questions or concerns. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites to which we provide links.
We will notify our contacts via this website, email and social media if we need to change how we intend to use your personal information.
The Worship Foundation is fully committed to compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and will therefore follow procedures which aim to ensure that all employees and volunteers or others serving The Worship Foundation who need to have access (see Data Sharing below) to any personal data held by or on behalf of The Worship Foundation are fully aware of and abide by their duties under the General Data Protection Regulation.
We rely on Legitimate Interest as the lawful basis for processing personal data. The data we process is freely provided by the data subject at the point of registration for an event, or at their own specific request. We request the minimum amount of data to carry out the processes requested by the data subject, and do not share this data outside of our organisation (exceptions outlined under Data Sharing below). We also process data for the purpose of direct marketing of events and products that we believe are of interest and benefit to the individual, and always provide a clear and simple option to unsubscribe from such communications.
The Worship Foundation needs to collect and use information about employees, delegates, volunteers and referees (for the Worship Pastor Coaching Track)) in order to operate and carry out its functions. The Worship Foundation may also be required by law to collect and use information. The Worship Foundation regards the lawful and appropriate treatment of personal information vital to successful operations and in maintaining confidence between The Worship Foundation and those with whom it carries out business.
On visiting our website, The Worship Foundation receives and records information from your browser, including your IP address and cookies (see Cookies below). We also use Google Analytics to monitor how visitors use our website. These forms of data collection are to enable us to make our user experience useful and relevant.
The Worship Foundation may also collect and store information about your financial transactions with us. This is needed to keep a record of income, for tax purposes and to process payments and Gift Aid. We do not have access to your credit card details if you have paid online and we do not retain your credit card details provided by any other means once your payment has been cleared (e.g., for donations to our event offerings). All online payments are processed via a GDPR-compliant third party.
The information we ask you to provide when enrolling for one of our events will be used to create your user profile, which can be accessed and used by The Worship Foundation to offer administrative support in relation to any further action you may take relating to your details, and to contact you about products and services that may be of interest (we always provide an opportunity to opt out of receiving further communications at the time you are contacted).
If you have a Facebook account linked to your email address, we may let you know about The Worship Foundation’s products and services that may be of interest to you via Facebook.
The Worship Foundation will, through management and use of appropriate controls, monitoring and review:
• Use personal data in the most efficient and effective way to deliver its services.
• Strive to collect and process only the data or information which is needed.
• Use personal data for such purposes as are described at the point of collection, or for purposes which are legally permitted.
• Strive to ensure information is accurate.
• Not keep information for longer than is necessary.
• Securely destroy data which is no longer needed.
• Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard information (including unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss or damage of data).
• Ensure that information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
• Ensure that there is general information made available to the public of their rights to access information.
• Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the General Data Protection Regulation. These rights include:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access to personal information
• The right to request rectification
• The right to request erasure
• The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
• The right to data portability
• The right to object to processing
Personal Access & Erasing Data
You may contact The Worship Foundation at any time to request your data is removed from our records. The Worship Foundation must act upon any request to remove personal data without undue delay and at least within one month of receipt. However, the right to remove your personal data is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. It does not apply if processing is necessary for one of the following reasons:
• To exercise the right of freedom of expression and information.
• To comply with a legal obligation.
• For the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority.
• For archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes where erasure is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of that processing
• For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Access to your online data is limited to The Worship Foundation employees and named employees of our web server and database team (ChurchSuite) for the purpose of system support and management. This access is restricted by a data protection contract which prohibits data sharing (see Security below).
We securely store your first name, last name and email address with a GDPR-compliant online communications platform (MailChimp) to manage and distribute emails. We use tracking to monitor the performance of our emails and their content (e.g., to monitor the open rate of emails or the popularity of specific links). You are given the opportunity to unsubscribe from all emails each time you receive an email from us.
We will not disclose your personal details outside of our organisation unless to comply with a legal obligation.
We use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
The Worship Foundation uses HTTPS security and SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions (for purposes outlined in Data Sharing above). Please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of firewalls and secure server software. If The Worship Foundation learns of a security systems breach, we will post a notice on our website and will attempt to notify you via email so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
The Worship Foundation reserves the right to photograph or film volunteers or delegates within public areas at the Worship Foundations’s conferences and events. Only official photographers will be authorised. Only distance photography will be taken during ministry times, and we will not photograph faces.
All photographs taken for The Worship Foundation are the property of The Worship Foundation and may be used for illustrative purposes, such as for the website, social media or brochures, for educational purposes, such as providing a visual explanation of the different activities that run during events, or as a resource for future marketing and promotion of the Worship Foundation events. It is the responsibility of The Worship Foundation to make sure that all staff, delegates and volunteers are aware that there may be photography and filming in the public spaces provided. This should be made clear through public notices, signs and/or visual projection.
If you have any concerns or queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org